Reducing Carbon Footprint
Arran has a fantastic sustainability drive, this is being spearheaded by a local organisation Arran Eco Savvy. We have participated in Carbon Literacy Training to ensure our carbon footprint is as low as it can be. That is why at Balmichael Glamping:
- The Studio has been created through recycling and up-cycling.
- We only use environmentally friendly cleaning products,
- We provide your washing-up liquids and surface cleaners in refillable bottles,
- Refillable Arran Aromatics hand-wash supports local business,
- Wood for fires has been sourced locally,
- Our hens provide a supply of eggs,
- We have composting toilets and provide biodegradable loo roll which comes with no-waste packaging
- Our Alpaca poop makes for great fertiliser and can be used as soon as it touches the ground.
We are very keen to raise awareness of environmental impact and you'll find some notices and information on site asking you to assist us on our GREEN MISSION:
- Please tidy away all litter, making full use of our recycling facilities
- Do not bring disposable plastic cutlery or paper plates (cutlery and plates are provided in all pods and the bothy),
- Make use of provided BBQ fire pits rather than bringing disposable BBQs,
If this break is a stay-cation for you, you have already greatly reduced your carbon footprint. By adventuring locally and supporting our island businesses (many of whom are making green choices in their produce too), you are contributing to our green ethos and sustainable island life. We are extremely grateful for your contribution to our site.